Thursday, June 7, 2018
Chief Brexit Negotiator
French, Born January 9, 1951 in La Tronche (Isère)
Married - 3 children
Since 1st October 2016, Chief Negotiator - Task Force for the Preparation and Conduct of the Negotiations with the United Kingdom under Article 50 TEU
- 2015-2016: Special advisor on European Defence and Security Policy to the President of the European Commission
- 2010-2014: European Commissioner and then Vice-President in charge of Internal Market and Services
- 2009-2010: Member of the European Parliament, President of the French delegation of the EPP
- 2007-2009: Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries of France
- 2006-2007: Vice President of Mérieux Alliance, in charge of International Relations
- 2004-2005: Minister of Foreign Affairs of France
- 1999-2004: European Commissioner in charge of Regional Policy and the Reform of European Institutions
- 1997-1999: Senator of Savoie
- 1995-1997: Minister for European Affairs of France
- 1993-1995: Minister for Environment of France
- 1982-1999: President of the Regional Council of Savoie
- 1978-1995: Deputy of Savoie
- 1973-1999: Regional Councilor for Savoie (Bourg-Saint-Maurice District)
- 2015: President of the European People's Party's group on European defense and security matters.
- 2006-2015: Vice-President of the European People Party
- Since 2006: Political Advisor of "les Républicains"
- 2006: Special Advisor to the President of the European Commission, José Manuel BARROSO. Presentation of a report "For A European Civil Protection Force: Europe Aid "
- 2005-2016: Member of the French "Conseil d’Etat"
- Since 2003: Founding President of the club "New Republic"
- 1997-1999: President of the French Association of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions
- 1987-1992: Co-president with Jean-Claude KILLY of the Organization Committee of the XVIth Olympic Games of Albertville and Savoie
- 1972: Graduated from the ESCP (European Business School in Paris)